This page contains a range of information on the Association’s finances including access to our annual financial accounts together with our financial policies and procedures.
Also contained within this section of the website is our policies in relation to how Elderpark Housing operates in terms of governance. This is contained within the Standing Orders Policy and provides detail on how our Management Committee functions, the delegated powers to officers within Elderpark and how the committee is elected annually.
We are keen to ensure that our residents have access to all information on Elderpark Housing and this section details some of the higher level Governance and Financial Management aspects of how we work.
The Standing Orders policy is the document which supplements the model rules of the association and sets out how the Management Committee / Governance structure of the association will operate.
The main points to note are:
- The Management Committee of Elderpark will meet at least six times per year, but more hold likely 8-10 meetings with each meeting generally lasting no more than two hours
- Meetings will generally be held monthly with the exception of July and December of each year. It is envisaged that this will be the fourth Tuesday of the month at this point
- No meetings will be held on bank or public holidays
- All meetings will have time bar of two hours from the commencement of the proceedings.
- Other meetings of the Committee may be called in accordance with Rule 56 of the Associationâs rules
- The agenda and papers for Committee meetings will be issued seven days in advance of the meeting
- The association has an audit sub-committee(which will meet quarterly) and staffing sub-committee (which will meet when the need arises).
In terms of Financial Management we have various policies and procedures which outline how the financial affairs of Elderpark Housing will be managed. These include the Financial Regulations, Reserved Powers and Scheme of Financial Delegation. Each of these are used to specify the responsibilities of staff and management committee in delivering effective and transparent financial processes.
On an annual basis we produce a set of accounts which are audited by an external auditor. These are then presented to the membership of the association at an Annual General Meeting which is usually held in June each year.