Depending on individualâs circumstances we offer a variety of assistance to help make a house a home. This can include:Â
- A Starter Pack – includes household items such as kettle, toaster, bedding, plates etc…This is offered to tenants who do not have these basic items.Â For more information about their services, including Magpies Eye range of retro and vintage treasures see their website starterpacks.org.uk
- Dulux Decorating vouchers to help you decorate your home.Â A property qualifies for a decoration allowance if the Housing Officer believes that the property is in a poor decorative state.Â
- A carpets and blinds service charge is designed to make your home comfortable from the start. This is applied to certain properties and takes into account an individualâs circumstances and their ability to furnish their home.Â
- We will help ensure that you are placed on the best tariff for gas and electric suppliers by referring you to Citrus Energy.Â They help reduce peoples energy bills.
- We can help make discretionary applications to the Scottish Welfare Fund community care grant for basic household and white goods to help you set up home.
- We can also refer new tenants, whether working, unemployed or disabled, to our Money Matters services to get a benefit check.Â This will help ensure you are maximising your benefit entitlement.Â