Elderpark Housing’s Financial Inclusion service operates Monday to Friday by appointment only.
Appointments can be made by calling our customer services team on 0141 440 2244 or by contacting your Housing Officer. The service can assist with a variety of issues such as claiming Welfare Benefits, tackling debt and fuel poverty and applying for the Scottish Welfare Fund.
Glasgow City Council Support
Glasgow City Council Community Care Grant telephone enquiry line is suspended, but they continue to operate their Crisis Grant enquiry line, which remains open 09:00 to 16:00 each day.
If you are in urgent need of funds you can apply for a crisis grant. You can do this online using the link to the right of this page or by calling them on 0141 276 1177 and selecting the option to apply for a crisis grant. If your claim is successful, you will receive your funds within 1 working day.
If you require any assistance in applying, please contact our office.
Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP)
All existing awards for DHP awarded due to under occupancy will be continued up until 05/04/2021.
Existing awards due to benefit cap continue up until 31/08/20 after then each case will be reviewed.
All other awards of DHP will be assessed in conjunction with a new application form being submitted.
Assist Children access food provisions during the current school closures
If you receive a card for a footwear and clothing grant and/or a free school meal, the card will be preloaded with £20, equivalent to £2 per school day per child. It will be topped up on the dates specified on a letter issued to parents.
Cards are being issued on a school by school basis, phased over the coming week and they cards can only be used in Farmfoods.
If I have lost your vouchers or they have been damaged Call 0141 276 1177
Help with Fuel Costs
If you are struggling with the cost to top up your energy pre-payment meters you can speak to Money Matters for advice.
Need to Self-Isolate and have a meter payment meter?
If you need to Self-Isolate and need your prepayment meter needs topped up phone your energy provider. They may be able to send our new cards. This is an evolving issue and if you have any queries please contact the office as we may have more information.
Financial Inclusion Appointments
- These will be carried out over the telephone. To make an appointment please call the main office on 0141 440 2244
- If you need a form such as PIP or UC50 complete post it through the main office letter box at the side entrance. Should you decide to sign the form, it means that when we complete it, over the phone, we can post it on for you.
- If you require a Mandatory Re-considerations, our Financial Inclusion Officer will phone you to complete the form and post it to you to sign. You will then need to post it to the DWP.
- All medical assessments have been cancelled as from 17/03/2020 for at least 3 months – anyone who has appointment after this date will be advised of
this. Decisions will be made on information provided on form and any medical evidence that has been included. DWP may phone client for further information, however if they receive no reply decision will be made on information provided in applications
- If you are unable to hand in form to be completed or letters to be looked at please phone relevant department on letter advising you are unable to complete form and request extension.