Exchanging your home

Tenants are able to exchange their home with another willing tenant depending on whether they receive consent from their landlord.

What is a mutual exchange

Housing Association and council tenants have a legal right to exchange their tenancy. This is dependent on the tenants first obtaining the landlords written consent. Consent may be refused only if the landlords has/have reasonable grounds for refusal.

Finding an exchange

The Association has a register of people looking for mutual exchanges at our main reception.

A website which assists tenants to find a swap across the country is called Home Swappers. There may be a charge for this service.

The application process

If you have found someone you wish to swap with complete the application attached.

For more information contact our Customer Services Team or your Housing Officer.

  • Disability Confident Employer
  • Awards