Building insurance

Elderpark Housing will arrange a common Buildings Insurance Policy which covers common parts against damage caused by, fire, storm or flood. The insurance premium is recharged quarterly.

Please note that this policy does not cover your home contents or personal belongings. Owners are responsible for their own contents insurance. A summary of the common buildings insurance policy and how to make a claim can be downloaded to the right of this page.

You are legally obliged to have adequate buildings insurance cover, and to allow neighbours to inspect your policy and ask for proof that premiums are up to date. To remain on our block policy you must pay your factoring fees.

Currently there is a £100 excess on claims.

Buildings Insurance claims are dealt with through our Maintenance Department, if you wish to make a claim, please telephone 0141 440 0566 or free phone 0800 3894798

Owners can access the house contents insurance through a scheme administered by the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations – a booklet and application form can be found to the right of this page.

For general information please contact us on 0141 440 2244.

  • Disability Confident Employer
  • Awards