Clients requiring adaptations to their home will normally be referred from the Occupational Therapists at the local Social Work offices.
Tenants requiring handrails do not require referral from Social Work although referrals can still be received from them.
Self assessment forms are available at the Association’s offices. If required staff may assist tenants in completing the application form.
On receipt of a referral (CL1 form) the Maintenance Manager will check the following:
- That the applicants details are correct, i.e. address, flat position, family composition, and verify that the applicant is a tenant or family member.
- Whether the applicant is on the transfer list (which may have implications for carrying out an adaptation.)
The Recommendation for Permanent Adaptation will then be authorised by the Maintenance Manager who will send confirmation to the Occupational Therapist and the client.
The Housing Manager and Maintenance Manager will discuss any application and adaptations which is not in line with the Associations adaptation policy in particular where re-housing is a better option.
Performance and Targets
The Maintenance Manager should process the application within the following timescales:
- Major work (urgent) – within one month
- Major work (non urgent) – within two months
- Minor work (urgent) – within two weeks
- Minor work (non urgent) – within one month