Alterations & Improvements

Under the terms of your Tenancy Agreement you have the right to carry out alterations or improvements to your property providing you first get written permission from the Association.

Contact any Association office for an application form. A reply will be given within 28 days. Permission will not be unreasonably witheld although the Association may place certain conditions on their consent. For example, plumbing work must be carried out by a qualified person. The work will be inspected on completion by one of our Maintenance Officers. You will then receive a letter telling you that your alteration has been carried out satisfactorily.

Failure to apply for the Association’s prior written consent or to comply with the Association’s decision or conditions will be treated as a breach of the tenant’s obligations under the Tenancy Agreement.

You may be entitled to compensation if you have carried out an alteration where it is considered an improvement. This will be paid at the end of your tenancy providing you obtained written confirmation that the alteration or improvement was carried out to the satisfaction of the Association.

  • Disability Confident Employer
  • Awards